CVICU is a supportive, inclusive, and stimulating environment that develops practical knowledge and critical thinking skills. In a unit which offers the highest level of Cardiac Intensive Care, there are extensive opportunities for clinical progression, and on-going challenges in an environment that fosters advancing our team’s practice.
We have an active and engaging Education Team made up of:
- A Nurse Educator
- Clinical Coaches
- Charge Nurses
Our comprehensive orientation programme consists of:
- Five theory days
- Six weeks of preceptored orientation
- The use of evidence based resources, competency goals, and an on-going clinical progression pathway
- Ongoing support from our Clinical Coaches on the floor, both during and after orientation
- Regular in-service teaching sessions are held with guest educators, advanced nurses and the medical team
- Our nurses are also encouraged to do post-graduate studies (see below) to advance clinical practice based on evidence based research and latest resources
Interested in hearing more about the opportunities available in CVICU?
Amelia Condell (Charge Nurse - Education) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Auckland University - Critical Care Nursing
Postgraduate Certificate, Diploma and Masters in Critical Care Nursing.